Asbestos may look harmless during its natural state. However, it is important that you don’t touch it at all costs. This is due to the fact that this material causes severe health issues once it enters our body and then accumulates on the surface of the lungs. In order to learn more about asbestos, here are a few facts.
- The majority of asbestos does manage to get out of our bodies. However, the small amount that enters our body directly hits the surface of the lungs as its target. Once asbestos manages to get collected on the surface of the lungs, mild to severe symptoms like chest pains, and difficulty in breathing are observed.
- When an individual is exposed to asbestos for a longer duration, he or she is on the verge of facing life-threatening diseases.
- According to a report by the US Environmental Protection Agency, it stated that nobody is safe when an individual goes through treatments related to asbestos.
- Around 3000 and more people from the United States of America are known to go through treatments related to asbestos exposure.
- Asbestos-related symptoms are only seen in the individual once he or she crosses the age of 30.
- Smokers are already a threat to lung cancer. But they are also prone to facing the same issues when exposed to asbestos. Therefore, if you smoke then consider reducing in the beginning and then quitting at the end.
Based on these facts, you should hire a professional to do asbestos testing in Newcastle region at the earliest.